Copyright © 向往 自由的天空
2013年8月19日星期一

Miracle Youth Conference 2013 (1)

Hmmmm, its a very long story but it was interesting!
I never type a blog in English before (except for the copy paste article=.=),
but in this blog post, I will use all English.
Its mainly because of the conference was an English based conference and the second thing is that I want to brush up my language...>.<

Ok, I will begin with the information about Miracle Youth Conference (MYC).
Its a program held by AIESEC in University Putra Malaysia (UPM) and its about saving the environment.

REASONS I JOINED:
Before I start my story, I wanted to list out my reason for going to this conference.
Hmmm... First of all, I went there because of my best friends. They told me that this the a conference that I should join (since I am the type of person that enjoy camping ). They went there last year and found out its the best experience of camp in their life. I trusted them and that's why I went to the conference.

Secondly, I wanted to participate as many camp as possible before my secondary school's life ends. I am already a upper 6 student that is going to graduate soon. I wouldn't want to have any regret in my school life.

Next, the conference was held during the school holidays. I have a 2 weeks holiday and I don't want to waste it for "Facebook-ing". That is one of the reasons I joined this MYC, to utilize my time. Although I cannot foresee the experience I will get but I trust that I will learn something.

Lastly, I want to meet new friends, whether local or international. Its fine with me as long as I can have chance to make friends. The thing is that MYC do have a lot of international facilitator (faci) coming to join with us. So, its a good time for me to learn new language and know the others culture.



THE FIRST DAY (13/8/2013)

The Jit Sin students were told to gather at school before we depart. At 6.00 a.m. we started our journey to UPM, KL. I am quite excited for the whole journey because I am wondering what is waiting me at UPM. I wanted to get some sleep in the bus but I couldn't, I am really excited. Too many expectation for this conference. I spend most of the time chit-chatting with friends. At around 10.00 a.m. we had our breakfast and after that we continued our journey. We reached UPM at 12.00 p.m. and our bus uncle couldn't find his way to the university. The university is really too big. Finally, we registered our self and the fun started.
Jit Sin Students are coming


We took a bus to one of the theater hall in UPM and we had our lunch at there. The opening ceremony started after all the delegates had finished their lunch. We sited in the hall and a movie was played. Here is the summary of the video:
In year 2050, the world is coming to an end and we (the delegates) are the chosen one to go back to 2013 to save the world. The conference is actually the training program for us as agents.
Yeah, now I am an agent~ 007, maybe? Or much more better? XD

ice breaking


After the opening ceremony (Welcome to Earth), we have our ice-breaking session (Briser la glace, in French). Well, to violent to me..=.= Everyone was crazy snatching the ball... After the session, we gathered into groups of animals. I am a bee and we had to think a slogan/ cheering for our self. This was the first time we met our faci. A leader was being chosen and she is 21.
our expectation written all over the place

our 1st group photo

Next, ' GOGO Running Man ". Its actually a station game. Quite FUN actually and its the time where us as a group member to know more about each other, the strength and weakness. We needed a lot of stamina for this =.= Its quite a big area to run... There were 10 stations and our team managed to finished 9, quite good actually.
map of UPM

running like hell

ok, I am tired...



After the "fat burning" activity, we had our dinner. Later on, we moved back to the hall for "Enchanted Earth". Its where the "fairies" of Energy, Wind, Life and Water (I hope I remember correctly) giving us 4 special missions. Ermm, glitter glue, puzzle, rubbish photography and human chair. The human chair part was nice but the others were not (for me).

We had a recap session after all of the activities and we were told to rate and give feedback for all the activities of today. Our faci shared her opinion with us and it really teaches me a lot. Compromise is really important.

Later on, we went back to our hostel for some good night sleep, of course, NOT~ Its the time to party~! We talked until 12.00 a.m. Wohoo~ That was my 1st day in UPM~ Lights off!


0 评论:

发表评论