Copyright © 向往 自由的天空
2013年8月22日星期四

Miracle Youth Conference 2013 (2)

Ok, now we entered Day 2!

THE SECOND DAY (14/8/2013)
I woke up at 6.30 a.m. to had my shower... So cold/.\... After that, I went to sleep again in my cozy bed~ I slept until 7.00 a.m. and someone knocked my door. "Tok! Tok!", it was San and JL. They told me that they were about to leave for breakfast. After I changed into my long pants, I was ready and we walked down our hostel and headed to the canteen.

We were provided with "BeeHun" and we started eating hungrily... I am so hungry since midnight. 15 minutes later, the bus came. What? We don't even had enough time for meal? =3= Luckily, I finished my breakfast in the bus before the event started.

The first event of the day, Leadership check-in ( I don't quite remember the name but somehow I think it was correct). After putting down our bags and stuff, we had grouped into our team and started our cheering~! " We are the bees bees bees bees bees bees bees! " (Fantastic Baby's edited version) The 16 team were divided into 4 major groups and the station game started.

The fist station we went was the "Trust your teammate" station. (Sorry, I really forgot the name of each station and I don't even remember that it had names=.=)
The field we went

Briefing for the games
Hmmm... Let me think how to explain the game... Each person of our team had to stand up tall on a chair while the others were at the ground to catch you when you fall. Everyone had to catch on on you and you need to believe in them. ( Was it clear enough? I hope so, if not please see the picture below and imagine it yourself~)
Tough game eh?
free fall

could you trust us?

Ok, I really can not do it =.= Everyone who know me know my size=.= So, I am sorry guys... Let's do something else for the trust test.

Next, we went to the untangle game. Its where everyone put their hand in the middle and grabbed on the one who is opposite to you. All our hands tangled up and we need to untangled it to pass the game. It was quite interesting.

To took this picture from the internet for clear understanding of what game we were playing:
Yap, something like this and we needed to solve the "puzzle"~



Later on, we went to the station of connectivity~ We were given a piece of rope and the game master will called up a thing for us to represent it with the rope. In this process, we could not talk. We can just point out the things and the picture we wanted to shape out. For your information, it was not an easy task. Why? I well give you an example of what we played.

The Game Master wanted us to shape out a cat. ( Easy?   NO!)

There are millions type of cats in the world, each of them have different actions and how are you going to figure out what type of cat your friend is thinking without talking?
A thinks that a cat should be like this.

B want to draw a simple cat.

C is thinking about his cat in home waiting for him to go back.

D loves to play iPhone with the talking cat "Tom".

E like cartoons cat.
So, please tell me how are we going to decide which cat we are drawing? No talking.
You see, its all about teamwork I learned in the game. This conference is not about having fun without learning but having fun and at the same time learn everything.
Yes, its a simple game that a kindergarten kid can even play, but come to think of it deeply, is it really that simple?  I learned quite a lot in this game. I loved it!

We went to the last station game, the critical thinking/ creative part. The rule of the game was very simple. Just one. We needed to build a longest straight line by using everything beside us. That is it. LONGEST STRAIGHT LINE. Everyone used the stuff they had with them, name cards, pen, belt, hand phones and etc. Some of them even found paper strips to connect the line. The most exciting one was using a tree's brunching =.= ( That was cut off and dumped). The moral value behind this was creativity of using whatever capable beside you. Full utilized what you have to achieve your goals. Meaningful, right?

money on the road!

Oh! I forgot to mention. After we played every stations, we got a piece of paper with meaningful sentences on it. All of them were from the best leaders and successful person all around the world.

The quotes.
My favorites one is from Steve Jobs, my idol. I read about his biography and it was one of the book that I would recommend to the others (Although I am still in the process of reading it). The story is also a long one that I would not want to talk about it here. Maybe next time.

After all of this, we went back to the hall for morning plenary. We had  our square dance, looked through our agenda, sharing our taught and had a little break before the next session starts - Did you know?

Ok, the session its a little boring for me as they wanted us to brainstorm about what is environment? We needed to draw out the connection between them and listen to the faci about the environmental topics. Long session.

After our launch, we had an interesting game. " Who wants to be a millionaire? ". In short, its a Q&A session and we were the one who answered the questions. Fun and a new way to pass knowledge. Every question was given 1 minute to discuss our answers. If we were wrong, we needed to be punished T.T. Drawing on our body with maker pen. Our team had 3 wrong answers... T.T

Later on, we received a special mission! We needed to do a campaign for environmental issue. Ya, they taught us about the skill to do a campaign. We needed to consider 3 points, objective, shareholders and contents about our campaign. (Actually I don't quite remember about it because for me its quite boring=.=... and a bit awkward, I don't know what am I suppose to do). We needed to complete with other team and it makes the hall became so noisy as everybody is shouting for audience...
JL presenting for the campaign~


So, let's move on to the other event. Pitch It!
Its a session for teaching us how to give a talk on our products. We were given a product to sell it on stage. We had time to discuss what is our selling point and who should go up the stage to present our product. Our team were given a postcard (with picture on it - a monkey is drinking coconut juice with a straw).
Basically the idea was like this, there were tourist from year 2050 come to 2013 to buy a survivor to get back home. So we needed to promote our item to them, asking them to buy as they just can buy 3 products from 16 teams.
Discussing

The speaker was teaching us.

We were recording our team member who went to present.
Presenting on stage.
Although we did not win for this competition but we sure put a lot of teamwork in it. So, I think its quite OK for me, at least its a new experience for me.

1830, dinner time! It was a long time for us cause we were so excited for the next session - Global Village 1.0. We waited for a long time as the event delayed.
Belgium

Korea, translating our names~

German
See, I am so supporting~ XD
2 German's Flag on my face!

China


Vietnam (Blue girl)

Hong Kong ( Blue girl)

China (Both)

Korea
After Global Village we had recap session and we went back to our hostel by bus~ You guessed it, we did not immediately sleep! After shower, we went to San and JL's room to talk. At 1145p.m. , I went back to bed and they were still talking =3=... So young and energetic~ I am so admire T.T Haha, just kidding... And it is all for day 2!

(To be continue...)

MYC (1)

A short video for Day 1 recap:


0 评论:

发表评论